Things that are lame
1. ( Spoiler cut in the event anyone on ye olde f-list is still making their way through the second season of the BBC's Robin Hood )
To which I say....what? I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this show after the first season. And the worst thing is, you can't unknow this. It just sits there, in the back of your head. Why oh why did I flip to BBCA last night?
2. Disney's The Black Cauldron
, which I was DUPED into buying by virtue of its cover art
indicating it is a Disney Masterpiece. I was like, what's this? A Disney Masterpiece I haven't seen? INCONCEIVABLE. Sure, I was little unsure about a story involving a clairvoyant pig, but if anyone could make that work, Disney could. But it turns out no one can make that work. So bad! It only cost me a dollar at Goodwill, and I wanted my dollar back.
3. Ellis spending his last two months as an A on a team that looks on pace to have an ugly end to the season.
4. Manny blathering on about finding peace of mind in LA and wanting to end his career there. Dude, shut the fuck up. You have been there for all of A DAY. God. Just shut up and play some baseball and hope you can con some sad bastard into giving you an obscene amount of money for the privilege of putting up with your obnoxious ass.A thing that is hilarious
5. The A's are going to spend the remainder of the season auditioning Huston's replacement
. Ahahaha. "I would say I'm extremely unhappy about it," Street said Saturday. "(Closing is) what I've done my whole career. Do I think I've been as good as I've been my whole career? No. But I still think there's two months left in the season for me to prove myself . . . or prove myself to them."
Yes, please take it personally, Huston. (Okay, I do feel a little bad for him, because it's just so BLATANT, but oh well.) Also, lolz
at the idea that the A's are doing this to "help" his confidence.Things that are of the yay. I think.
6. Zito's line: 8.0IP, 3H, 5K. The walks are never gonna go away, apparently (4BB last night), but not a bad night's work in front of his hometown peeps. Isn't he due for another sitdown with Urban this weekend?
7. Chris Kirkpatrick
you can get your ass kicked
is going to be on the second season of Gone Country
. I resisted the first year, even though they had Baltimore's own Sisqo on board, because I hate reality tv. Haaaate. But Chris? Seriously? I give in, CMT. I will watch your dumb reality show.